Monday, October 24, 2011

Steven Connell, From: Our Love is Like...

Our love is a memoir and not a comic book and that type of real life is hard.
The whole world will love you on your best days. 
Brave are the precious few who will love you on your worst.

So on them bad days 
When the instinct to run is strong
I want you to get the opposite of gone
I want you all the way here
As if fear has you sweating super glue from your palm
So that the scarier the moment 
The tighter our bond.
My home is in your heart 
so when the bad days come 
we’ll make our fingers into windows and interlock them up tight
And our storm cellar has a bed in it
So turn my ribs to windchimes
And hang them from your lips 
daring the winds to blow.
As our worst days will always provide the chance
To dance

Remember that my brave flavored girl.

 ~Steven Connell, Our Love is Like...

No comments:

Post a Comment